Our client is a well-established vertically integrated agribusiness group with subsidiaries in several West-African countries. The Company is looking for a “Country Supply Chain Manager” for its subsidiaries in Nigeria.
Our client provides customers with the highest quality food ingredient products and leading best practices in supply chain. The company is fully integrated, transforming farm products into specialty oils and fat ingredients for the West-African food industry.
Quality, reliability of supply and customer centricity are core values for our client.
Interested in this opportunity?
The Country Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for:
The central group purchase department in Europe is in charge of the purchase for all subsidiaries. The buying is based on 4 pillars: Quality; Delivery; Products & Process Development; and Total Cost. For urgent spares local buying may be needed.
The manager needs to assist and challenge technical staff, finding solutions to safeguard the operations at all time to diminish downtime at a minimum.
- Responsible to enter the right specifications into the supplier item master database to ensure ordering can be done in an efficient way centrally by the group purchase department.
- Technical, commercial and risk evaluation of local offers when needed.
- Implements purchasing policies to ensure all items are purchased, delivered and invoiced within budget and time constraints.
- Pro-actively monitors the delivery times of the products and takes the necessary actions to ensure an optimal stock at all time.
- Streamlines the relations between purchasing and the internal customers and services. Makes suggestions and proposals for optimization of the buying processes and procedures.
- Initiates purchasing saving projects, considering costs, value creation and risk.
- Measures and improves the performance of the supplier base (based on the 4 pillars).
- Keeps track of the purchasing results and periodically reports those to the Group Purchase and Logistics Director.
The candidate manages the appointed 3PL service providers to clear and transport in the most efficient way. He ensures that the correct import duties are paid according to the import regulation of Nigeria.
- Deliver cost savings through sustainable continuous improvement and continuously challenge of the logistics cost base.
- Ensures all logistics hub operations are operated in full compliance with all country legal standards regarding health and safety, environmental, and import / export regulations.
- Influences demand & supply planning, customer supply chain, customer fulfillment, logistics service providers to continuously improve logistics service & cost.
- Owns logistics change projects together with the Group Logistics Director.
- Works alongside logistics procurement to tender, negotiate & award contracts for logistics services.
- Continually reviews the third-party logistics contracts to ensure it meets the future needs of the business.
- Leads on any logistics tendering processes to define negotiations for any existing contract renewals and price changes.
The finished goods are sold locally to Nigerian multinationals in bulk. Customer service is the driving factor at all time.
The Manager is responsible for the organisation of the delivery to the customer, keeping in mind clear communication, future track & trace system, manage efficiencies within the transport network, transport rates, etc.
Managing day-to-day a team with 3 local managers (Purchase, Logistics and Warehouse) and 20 warehouse staff members to optimise stock levels taking into account delivery times and storage costs. The Manager initiates projects to operate as lean as possible; Is responsible for the smooth running of picking the right parts from the warehouse to the end user; Ensures the integrity of inventory accuracy and manage stock movements including supplier warranty returns; and Organises monthly stock counts and perform a root cause analysis of discrepancies.
Reporting to the Managing Director of the subsidiary and to the Group Purchase & Logistics Director.
The ideal candidate has the following skills and experiences:
- University degree, preferably Industrial Engineer or Mechanical background, with a minimum of 10 years relevant experience in technical purchasing and logistics.
- Deep knowledge of purchasing, warehouse and supply chain management.
- Addition schooling/trainings within the area of purchasing & supply management are a plus.
- Strong critical thinking and negotiation skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- A disciplined approach, strong communication skills with an appreciation for timely and accurate reporting, culturally sensitive and respectful
- Knowledge of Nigerian Import/export regulation and the LC/bill for collections Form M opening, HS codes, import documentation is a plus.
- Previous working experience in Africa is a plus.
- Language skills: English is a must